|Traits of the Successful Apprentice
Good Work Ethic
- Shows up every day, on time for work and school.
- Always has a back-up day care and transportation plan.
- Works hard at a steady pace.
- Commits to a career and to completion of the apprenticeship
- Listens and learns on the job and in school.
- Works with others as a team.
- Follows directions regardless of the manner in which they
- Chooses a trade she/he enjoys.
- Has a desire to learn.
- Meets the requirements of the trade (usually GED or
high school diploma).
- Understands the apprenticeship system.
- Meets specific requirements of chosen apprenticeship program.
You are an excellent apprentice candidate if you can
meet the above guidelines. There may be areas you need to work
on to become a successful apprentice candidate. In that case, pre-apprenticeship
training should be considered. Ask your career/employment counselor
or the apprenticeship program coordinator for assistance, if needed.
You will have a greater success as an apprentice if you possess
the above traits.
Back to top