There are multiple ways to search for jobs via ALEXsys. To help make your job search easier, here are some easy steps to take that will assist you.
- To begin, login to ALEXsys and under the “Quick Menu” items on the left side of the webpage, select job search.
- When picking a region, select “Anywhere in the State of Alaska.”
- Now look at option 1. You can try a simple keyword search for the following:
- Select job titles or occupations. For example, construction, welder, pipefitting, foreman, operator, engineer, or mechanic.
- You can also try a keyword search for location:
- North Slope
- Prudhoe Bay
- You have to be familiar with the oil & gas industry employers. Visit our link for some of the top 100 oil & gas employers in Alaska (2004 statistics). This will provide a short list of employers; however, it will be helpful to conduct your own research in order to make sure your list includes every employer and location.
- Option number 3 on the job search page describes the “Search for Jobs by Employer.” You can search for employers by name and display a list of employers with the most job openings. After conducting a search, a list of employers will show up and on the right hand column, the number of job openings will be displayed. Using Option number 1 and inserting the employer name will also work.
- Option number 6, “Search for Jobs by industry Code” will also be beneficial. For example, here are some popular industry codes to use:
- Transportation and Warehousing
* Some jobs in the oil & gas industry cross over. For example, one can find housekeeping, janitorial, food services, administrative, management, safety, security and many other types of jobs in the oil & gas industry. Do not limit your job search.
- To begin your search for an oil & gas job in Alaska, visit ALEXsys: